Skip to main content

The Sisterhood

March 1, 2016

I've been an only child my whole life and have longed to have sisters and siblings. I never had them until I came to college. Here I found my floor last year that was full of sisters and now I have three of them that I couldn't do life without.

Each of us is different in our own way but we know how to build each other up and be strong for each other when one of us can't. I learned that lesson the hard way. However, they have been there to support me and love me through it all.

The short one was on my floor last year and we hated each other for the longest time. Finally, we met in the middle and realized that we have SO many similarities in our struggles. We didn't agree on our faith but I just kept throwing scripture at her until, hopefully, she'd believe it. Finally she did and now she throws scripture at me! We became so close we wanted to live together this year but jk God had a different plan. We had a falling out at the beginning of August but somehow God brought us back together. She has become my confidant and one of my sisters. She is my right hand everything when I need here. She's absolutely crazy which is why I love her. (Keep in mind crazy is a requirement to be in the sisterhood)

She and my oboe sister fight it out for who is crazier most days. They are the most ridikkulus duo I have ever had in my life. Fun fact: my oboe sister and I didn't get along very much when we first met either. (I'm noticing a pattern). However, we bonded over our band struggles and being stuck together for wind ensemble. We grew together and she was there when I had a meltdown, or five. She builds me up when I need it and knows when I say I'm okay and I'm not. She will love yell scripture and Jesus at me when I need it. I love her to no end because we know how to be there for each other without words. She is the crazy one who dove into building this ministry with me and it was a leap off of the crazy cliff into trusting the Lord.

These two have been there for me through thick and thin and our last sister has become a sister this year and she is the rational one. The hare and I became super close when we spent eight days in London over New Years. She is dabomb.com! She keeps my head on straight when I can't because of my emotions. While I can't see the whole picture she does. Sometimes she doesn't have words but she knows she doesn't have to. She will just be there when I need her. She can make me smile and laugh when I don't think anyone will. While she's the most normal one in the sisterhood she has her moments. Her sarcasm and sass make my day. (Even though she doesn't pick up sarcasm, she can dish it). I love her dearly for all of the bad days I have had that she has helped me get through.

Each of these sisters are totally unique but we are all puzzle pieces that fit together. They are the sisters that blow up my group chat when I'm in an exam so I have 47 notifications when I get done. There is so much nerddom, craziness and love between the four of us. God has blessed me with sisters I never knew I could have.

Sister- a person who is there when you need her; someone who will catch you when you fall; a shoulder to cry on; someone to laugh with; most importantly, a sister is a friend. No definition does these girls justice but this is pretty close.

I have found my sisterhood. Have you found yours?

xoxo,
Em


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

Sitting in class this morning, we decided that we were going to learn about suicide. The thing that I thought I left in my past after March 14th of 2016. Then as I was sitting, listening and learning, I realized that I have the chance to use my experience to help others. Which I guess, I always thought was the goal after overcoming my struggle. I thought I was supposed to be able to talk about my issues and help others. However, that is easier said then done most of the time. It isn't easy to directly ask someone if they are struggling with suicidal thoughts or ideation. When we don't ask or talk about it just emphasizes the stigma. I guess my question is that while I learn about transitioning into professional school why did I think I needed to leave my past behind? It is a part of who I am and what I have overcome in my life. I feel like I should use it. Talk about it. The more even ONE person talks about their past and their issues the more it will help even one pers

Kryptonite

We all have our kryptonite, right? That one thing that gets us. Whether it's ice cream or a person, we have something. For me, it's a person. And I love him. Just saying that out loud is hard. We haven't had the easiest friendship for the four years of undergrad and the last couple of years were murky with feelings. When I graduated, we didn't talk and I had lost my closest guy friend that was a big rock in my life for a long time. Granted, there were big parts of my life he missed as I got into pharmacy school and what not but somehow he always ends up back in my life. I have truly questioned if it is the best decision or if I should just let him be. Every time, my heart and this voices tells me to let him in. He is my kryptonite. We fight. We don't talk. We come back. Then, we talk. I realize I still love him. I miss him not being in my life. I start to question again why. Why is he in my life? Why this season? Or why the last? It's not that I question

This is Only the Beginning

February 15, 2016 I always said blogging was stupid and was for the Serena Van Der Woodsens of the world. If you don't know who SVDW is then you haven't watched Gossip Girl, the white girl staple Netflix binge. However, I find myself as a SVDW writing my own blog. Why am I writing a blog? This is how I can cope with the pain of white girl life. Instead of using self-harm to tear my body apart I can use words to express myself. Basic white girl, right? I make no promises about the niceness or the morbidity of what some posts will bring but it will be me. White girl moments and all. Here I am. Almost 20, still trying to figure out who I am and what God's plan is for me. I will never fully understand how or why He does things, only that He does. All I ask is that as you read, you learn who I am and walk this life with me. Good, bad, and everything in between. Are you ready to take a leap of faith into the unknown of tomorrow? I am. xoxo, Em